3D Structure Creator Role Overview
3D Structure Creator is a browser-based solution offering engineers and designers associative, feature-based frame design tools for every stage in the design process—from conceptual design to generating manufacturing information.
All-in-one structure design environment
The dedicated structure design interface lets you quickly and easily build models using intuitive features for creating structure members; adding plates, gussets, and end caps; and generating a manufacturing cut list. With secure cloud-based data management powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, and the ability to view, create, or modify designs from any web-enabled device, you can fully leverage the knowledge and know-how from your entire product development ecosystem.
Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® Works platform, 3D Structure Creator stores design data securely in one central location and works seamlessly with the design-to-manufacturing, data management and collaboration solutions on the platform.
3D Structure Creator Capabilities
Flexible design workflows and real-time collaboration
Freely create structure members based on any sketch entities, model edges, or curves.
Rapidly perform trim operations at corners and end points to create precise, manufacturable designs.
Improve design productivity by using an interface tailored to 3D structure design.
Streamline structure design workflows with automated functionality for adding gussets, end caps, and plates.
2D Profile Sketch
Design with unique structure members by creating custom section profiles based on a 2D sketch.
Automated cut lists
Go from design to manufacturing fast with automated cut lists. Making manufacturing easier.
Add detail to structure designs by adding cutouts to structure members.
Work in your browser
Work entirely in a web browser, giving you the freedom to design anytime, anywhere, with no need for installation.
3D Structure Creator Features
3D Structure Creator is fully on the cloud—all you need to start designing is an internet connection.
Purpose built for Structural Design
3D Structure Creator is equipped with all the essentials for every step of the design stage from concept to manufacture, including the ability to:
- Create structure members based on model edges, 2D sketch elements or curves
- Choose profiles from a library of standard types and sizes
- Automatically trim members at endpoints and corners
- Automatically generate a cutlist based on the design to use for fabrication
Stay Focused on Design
The interface, including all toolbars, context menus, and features are tailored to 3D structure design so you can stay focused. Features include:
- Selection helper offers selections based on the current model and selections you’ve made in the past
- The ability to visualize your final product with accuracy with customizable graphics, realistic materials, and ambiance settings
- Intuitive commands for every part for the design process, including creating structure members and performing corner trimming
3D Structure Creator has everything you need to help you, your team and your design make the cut and get products to market faster. Perks include:
- Streamlined structure design workflows with automated functionality for adding gussets, end caps, and plates
- Web-based collaboration tools that allow everyone e to review live design data, add comments, and create digital markups
- Built-in data management capabilities directly integrated that don't disrupt your workflow
- Seamless integration with other 3DEXPERIENCE Works portfolio roles, such as 3D Creator and 3D Sheet Metal Creator
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.