Collaborative Industry Innovator Role Overview
Collaborative Industry Innovator provides apps and services that connect all users in the industry value chain together – to organize, manage and collaborate on content in real-time and in a secured manner. The role includes a single repository to store, share and manage content, search and find relevant data and information, navigate through a product data set, easily view and compare 3D content.
Industry Innovation extends and supports compliance to standard enterprise business processes (Change, Project, Quality, etc.) when relevant Roles are added, connecting the entire industry value chain.
An essential set of apps for real-time, secure and structured collaboration on product content. Key benefits include:
- Collaborative Industry Innovator role is based upon a common data model for design/engineering, manufacturing/production and simulation processes. Its online environment helps medium to large companies bring more innovative products to market faster.
- When used for 3DEXPERIENCE® CATIA® and XCAD, Industry Innovation is the only technology in the market that supports “data-driven design.”
- Simulation Foundation acts as a dashboard for all users to find, monitor or resume any of the simulations they’ve been recently working on.;
Collaborative Industry Innovator Benefits
Enables multi-CAD applications to contribute directly to a single product definition
Securely access, share and manage documents and data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. Enhance collaboration with a single source of information available anytime and accessible by team members located anywhere. Seamless integration with Microsoft Office enables everyone, including non-technical team members, to work in a familiar environment.
Enable Concurrent Design
Manage the product structure as data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform so designers can work in parallel. Designers have instant access to updates made by other contributors working in their CAD or multi-disciplinary applications. This enables real-time concurrent design, resulting in enhanced decision-making and faster design maturity.
Access lifecycle capabilities directly from within the CAD application. Lifecycle management helps ensure cross-functional teams are always working with the most-up-to-date version of the design and related data to reduce the likelihood of errors. Stakeholders receive notifications when designers promote their work to the next level of maturity.
Reduce Rework and Delays
Easily classify and search for parts that meet requirements in standard or company part libraries. Quickly identify components for review or modification using cross highlighting between a tabular and graphical view. Accurate identification of components for updates to the product structure or design reduces rework and delays. Reuse existing parts to save time, lower costs and advance product quality.
Intuitively organize, view and track individual and shared tasks from creation through completion. Readily access task information including who is responsible, delivery date and relevant content. Maintain real-time visibility into task status in a dashboard to ensure projects advance according to defined milestones.
Create and manage collaborative spaces, add members with different right levels, and provide direct access to any stored content including CATIA®, SOLIDWORKS®, DELMIA®, SIMULIA®, ENOVIA® and multi-CAD content. Access to collaborative spaces is secure, as each user is granted access as a member of a collaborative space with a given role for a given organization.
Collaborative Industry Innovator Features
Features to tame your data complexity
Collaborative Industry Innovator is equipped with easy-to-use features that keep innovation and information flowing. These include:
- Cloud-based Apps: Easily access apps in a user-friendly interface from any web browser with no installation required.
- Data-driven design: Managing designs online instead of locally gives you access to the most up-to-date information.
- Design Markup: Collaborative reviews in 2D and 3D. Effectively communicate design feedback with markups using text, circle, arrows and pictures.
- Compare Product Designs: Compare designs and product structures to readily identify differences between models or revisions.
Unlike complicated PDM systems, Collaborative Industry Innovator provides capabilities that streamline your workflow, not complicate it, including:
- Collaboration and Data Management: Access up-to-date design data- share, create, modify, open, save revisions and delete content
- Task Management: Create, assign, share and manage collaborative tasks with direct access to related content
3D Issue Management- Capture and document issues right on the 3D design to identify and resolve issues more quickly
Faster Decision Making
Collaborative Industry Innovator benefits everyone by enhancing decision-making and enables teams to reach design maturity faster. Benefits include:
- Bring continuity to business processes and enhance the ability to make informed decisions by leveraging real-time data
- Stay competitive and on the forefront of technology, while keeping skills and tools up to date
- Maximize contributions from everyone, ensuring concurrent design across disciplines and CAD applications
- Seamless integration between design roles in the 3DEXPERIENCE Works portfolio so you can expand your toolset to fit your needs
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.