DELMIAWorks Manufacturing Inventory Control Overview
Inventory control may be the single most important factor in improving shop floor efficiency, part and materials accuracy and ultimately, your bottom line.
From tracking inventory and outsourced parts throughout the manufacturing process, to reducing physical inventory time and forecasting necessary materials to meet demands, the Manufacturing Inventory Software modules from DELMIAWorks (formerly IQMS) helps you solve every supply chain challenge.
DELMIAWorks Inventory Software is built on facilitating lean manufacturing management principles with functions such as:
- Separate inventory master records for each manufacturing individual location (or "EPlant")
- Both eKanban and conventional Kanban control support
- Complete lot number tracking and traceability including supporting documents
- Serialized inventory control
Learn about DELMIAWorks Manufacturing Inventory Control
DELMIAWorks Manufacturing Inventory Control Features
Tracking, managing and controlling inventory and associated costs has never been easier or more efficient
- The Warehouse Management System (WMS) allows for inventory movements and adjustments from anywhere on the plant floor through mobile or other hand-held scanning devices.
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) capabilities support the ability to manage consignment inventory stored at customer or vendor sites.
- Inter-company Transactions allow multi-plant companies to achieve unified scheduling and distribution across all facilities.
- Outsource Inventory Management has all the tools needed to plan, manage, ship and track the status of products partial or completely produced at outsource vendor locations.
- Detailed transaction log provides a complete history/genealogy of transactions against any single item that remains with the item until the file is purged.
- "Where Used Analysis" quickly finds where an item is utilized by either manufacturing configurations or as a component in a blend.
- Maintain standard costs based on cost elements with complete roll up through work in process and finished goods.
- Supports non-conforming, non-allocate and default inventory locations.
- Maintains historical, current, and future costs.
- Unlimited price breaks let you set volume discounts for finished goods (selling) and raw material (purchased) acquisitions.
- eKanban. The min/max inventory system compliments sales, work orders and scheduling to ensure no item is ever missing or short.
- Mass substitutions as well as immediate or scheduled pricing updates.
- Shelf Life Management tracks expiration and automatically identifies non-conforming inventory with email alert notifications.
- Blend and formula technology allows you to maintain items that are made up of two or more materials or ingredients.
- Class-based inventory (i.e. finished goods, raw material, packaging) provides for "class-specific" information, such as vendor specific information or manufacturing data.
- Unlimited UOMs associated with purchasing, production, sales or stocking for review or automatic conversion.
- Unlimited locations per inventory item.
An end-to-end ERP System developed with a “shop floor first” focus to help mid-market manufacturers increase efficiency and visibility of performance on the plant floor
Whether you use a build-to-order or build-to-stock supply chain model, DELMIAWorks systematically streamlines manufacturing across process, discrete, and repetitive manufacturing environments. DELMIAWorks specializes in providing a comprehensive ERP solution for mid-market manufacturers to stay lean, agile, competitive, and compliant. The DELMIAWorks system is a scalable solution that can expand and grow with you, regardless of your company size.
- A startup or small manufacturing company looking to transition from QuickBooks and spreadsheets,
- A mid-size manufacturer looking to increase the visibility of operations across multiple locations,
- A subsidiary of a large organization looking for a standalone MES solution to support digital manufacturing initiatives
The DELMIAWorks Manufacturing ERP solution provides a proven, single technology platform that delivers end-to-end visibility of the complete manufacturing process. The real-time visibility of events occurring throughout the manufacturing process allows customers to eliminate waste and non-value added processes, and improve manufacturing efficiency, including:
- 60% increase in growth without additional labor resources
- 100% on-time delivery
- 66% reduction in scrap
- Zero shipping errors
- 70% reduction in maintenance costs
- Reducing repair time by 75%
- Increased plant efficiency from 70% to 98%
Interested in DELMIAWorks Manufacturing Inventory Control?
Contact us and get your questions answered today
DELMIAWorks Related Content
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.