Durability and Mechanics Engineer Role Overview
SIMULIA Durability and Mechanics Engineer enables design engineers to perform structural integrity assessment of any type of product.
Test for strength and durability scenarios early during the design process and intuitively guide decisions. It offers powerful and intuitive tools needed to perform sophisticated multi-step structural simulations, powered by market leader Abaqus technology, as well as fatigue simulation to predict accurate fatigue lives.
Solve Complex Engineering Problems faster
SIMULIA Durability and Mechanics Engineer provides the tools needed to perform structural simulations as well as fatigue simulation to understand how the product will perform in the real world:
- Accelerate structural performance simulation with unique automated model creation for large assemblies
- Accelerate design innovation by solving engineering challenges for your 3D design with full data associativity
- Enable high-performance results visualization, particularly for very large models including realistic rendering
Durability and Mechanics Engineer Capabilities
Assess the structural integrity of any type of product
Predict accurate fatigue lives and ensure complex engineering products are designed for durability. This lead to avoid late re-design, minimize physical tests, reduce warranty costs, extend life in service
Estimate the lifecycle for components subjected to cyclic loads with stress and strain methods with robust durability simulation during the design cycle.
Automated model creation
Accelerate structural performance simulation with unique automated model creation for large assemblies
Use and calibrate a wide range of material models with Material calibration capabilities
Accelerate design innovation by solving engineering challenges for your 3D design with full data associativity
Perform strength and durability assessment with a guided workflow, customizable, for fast adoption and reduced learning curve
XY plotting capabilities
Investigate simulation results with robust and intuitive 3D post-processing and XY plotting capabilities enabling design insight and decision making from results
Share simulation results and collaborate on any design projects from anywhere
Local or Remote Processing
Run simulation computations on multiple cores either on a local computer or remotely on the cloud to free up local machines for other work.
Perform seamless collaboration workflows with 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Durability and Mechanics Engineer Features
Apply simulation directly to your design geometry
Features to remove geometry and accelerate performance:
- Automatically remove undesired geometry (holes, fillets, logos), extract mid-surface, and partition geometry for hex meshing in a single user interface
- Accelerates structural performance simulation with automated model creation for large assemblies
- Use test data to calibrate model behavior for material model fidelity
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your organization to efficiently manage all facets of your product development process while reducing infrastructure costs, IT overhead, software maintenance and complexity. Your teams can take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
- Securely view, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs and simulation data from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.