Electromagnetics Engineer Role Overview
The SIMULIA Electromagnetics Engineer role delivers electromagnetic simulation powered by industry proven CST Studio Suite technology in a seamless, intuitive, and modern user interface connected with the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform.
Powered by proven CST Studio Suite technology you can easily analyze and optimize electromagnetic components and systems for maximum performance and reliability.
Cloud-based simulation software
The pervasiveness of the new ‘connected world’ has dramatically changed both emerging and established industries. The need for electromagnetic systems/devices to enable the newly demanded connectivity of everything has disrupted new markets, such as medical equipment, renewable energy and metamaterials, and long established industries, such as automotive and communications. Electromagnetics Engineer provides the tools for you to meet these new customer demands with confidence.
SIMULIA Electromagnetics Engineer enables designers and engineers to perform electromagnetic simulations from low to high frequency (static to optical), including the optimization of antennas, microwave components and electro-mechanical devices.
SIMULIA Electromagnetics Engineer enables design teams to improve product performance, reduce time-to-market and minimize device malfunctions, warranty claims and recalls.
Electromagnetics Engineer Capabilities
Electromagnetics simulation discipline includes technology for simulation of electromagnetic waves propagation and signal strength related to design and positioning of devices for communication and detection
Provide a Robust Engineering Workflow Fully Associative with SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD
- Connecting SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD to the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your team to save and manage your SOLIDWORKS geometry on the platform directly from SOLIDWORKS and share it through a browser.
- Once on the platform, you can easily test SOLIDWORKS geometries with Electromagnetics Engineer relying on full simulation associativity for best-in-class designs simulation workflows.
Solve Complex Electromagnetic Problems
- Powerful simulation methods such as the unique finite integration technique (FIT), the classical finite element method (FEM), the transmission line matrix method (TLM), and also hybrid simulation methods.
- Specialized solvers for applications such as motors, printed circuit boards, cable harnesses and filters.
- Coupled simulations: system-level, multiphysics, field/circuit co-simulation to deliver an unprecedented simulation reliability and accuracy.
- An All-in-one fully parametric design environment for modeling.
- A wide range of complex material models.
- Powerful post-processing and visualization tools
- Built-in optimizers.
- High-performance computing on workstations and on clusters: multi-threading, GPU and hardware acceleration, distributed computing and MPI multi-process parallelization (like MPI).
Familiar Simulation Experience
- The simulation experience delivered by Electromagnetics Engineer fits within the familiar design environment.
- Enables simulation of the physical behavior of parts and assemblies so that virtual testing can be conducted before physical prototypes are available for a faster product development process.
- The intuitive user experience makes simulation adoption possible for all designers.
- Users receive continuous guidance regarding where they are in the simulation process and what they need to do next, for easy adoption
- Sophisticated simulation technology is used automatically, while the options presented to the user are intuitive and explained in the language of product designers.
Collaboration is built into the underlying 3DEXPERIENCE
- Data management, collaboration, and communities are all part of the global solution.
- Models built in Electromagnetics Engineer can be shared directly with advanced simulation tools to enable the entire simulation team to collaborate with designers.
- Simulation Results can be easily reviewed by any project stakeholders in the 3DEXPERIENCE dashboard so they become insights for technical and business decision
Electromagnetics Engineer Features
Optimize product design with Electromagnetics Engineer
Connects with CAD & PLM
With Electromagnetics Engineer, users can easily connect with other CAD systems.
- Tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD always remain synchronized even after design changes.
- Provides access to advanced simulation technology within a consistent and intuitive interface.
Web based visualization of results
The Simulation Review application, included in the Electromagnetics Engineer role, offers web-based visualization of the geometry and simulation results allowing users and teams a unique way to collaborate around simulation assets.
- Lightweight visualization of models and results on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform help decision makers understand simulation results by experiencing them and quickly generate engrossing imagery and data visualization for reports.
- Predefined post-processing templates offer solutions for a variety of key performance indicators (KPIs) such as antenna performance, efficiency mapping for electrical motors, field analysis for MRI, and versatile general-purpose templates to create custom analysis scenarios.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your organization to efficiently manage all facets of your product development process while reducing infrastructure costs, IT overhead, software maintenance and complexity. Your teams can take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
- Securely view, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs and simulation data from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.