Manufacturing Definition Creator Role Overview
This role allows users to define specifications directly on 3D models for intuitive authoring and interpretation. The annotated 3D models can be analyzed and acted upon by manufacturing software to automate production.
All-in-one manufacturing document creation environment
For manufacturers who want to avoid 2D drawing miscommunications and automate downstream production, Manufacturing Definition Creator is a browser-based role that defines, organizes and communicates design requirements and specifications directly onto your 3D models. Note the role does not include a 3D modeler or support building 3D models.
Unlike separate 2D drawings, Manufacturing Definition Creator helps manufacturers reduce communication ambiguity, cut costs and speed up time to market.
Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® Works platform, Manufacturing Definition Creator stores design data securely in one central location and works seamlessly with the design-to-manufacturing, data management and collaboration solutions on the platform.
Manufacturing Definition Creator Capabilities
Flexible design workflows and real-time collaboration
Define 3D annotations directly and intuitively on 3D models, reduce manufacturing miscommunications to improve quality.
Create 3D Views
Organize 3D annotations into curated 3D views for easier definitions and interpretations.
Define intelligent 3D annotations to automate manufacturing processes such as tolerance analysis and machining.
Cut the number of documents to create and maintain, due to more integrated product definitions.
Automate downstream manufacturing steps such as machining and inspection with intelligent (machine-readable) annotations
Wide range of Annotations
Add dimensions, tolerances, datum symbols, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and balloons.
Capture Model Views
Capture 3D views at desired perspectives and zoom levels, show and hide individual annotations.
Deploy product faster, gain instant access and eliminate maintenance via cloud-based delivery.
Export a list of 3D views in 2D MS Word or PDF document to share and print in hard copies for production
Work in your browser
Work entirely in a web browser, giving you the freedom to design anytime, anywhere, with no need for installation.
Manufacturing Definition Creator Features
Manufacturing Definition Creator is fully on the cloud—all you need to start designing is an internet connection.
Purpose built for PMI & Communication
Clearly communicate design specifications with 3D product manufacturing information (PMI) capabilities including:
- Define dimensions, tolerances, datum symbols, geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T), balloons, and more
- Capture various orthogonal, axonometric, and custom views at desired perspectives and zoom levels
- Organize annotations into specific views to communicate design intent. Quickly find annotations organized under each view
- Collaborate, review and mark up 3D PMI in 3DPlay, a lightweight viewer on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Easily produce an accurate 2D representation from your existing 3D definitions in just a few clicks. 2D drawing capabilities include:
- Create 2D layouts with no extra effort using existing captured views, annotations, dimensions, and tolerances
- Define requirements with drawings tools such as tables, notes, and title blocks
- Access sheet formats, and standards for drawing creation
- 3D definitions translate seamlessly to the 2D drawing so everything stays in sync across the model, 3D definition and 2D drawing
Manufacturing Definition Creator on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides an integrated and flexible solution. Highlights include:
- Built-in data management and collaboration tools all in a single environment
- With all data safely stored on the cloud there is always a single source of truth
- Integrates seamlessly with other 3DEXPERIENCE Works portfolio roles such as 3D Creator and 3D Sculptor
- Export commonly used files such as 3DXML with 3DPMI, 2D PDF of 3D views and 2D PDF drawings
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.