Project Planner Role Overview
Project Planner provides simple and assisted iterative planning, execution and monitoring of projects. It helps collaborators to accelerate the time from idea to delivery through lean collaborative planning and execution.
An innovative engine automatically schedules and optimizes projects activities to meet key milestones. Project planners can capture innovation as projects and invite people to collaborate with ad-hoc access rights. The members of the project benefit from a cloud and mobile experience with real time updates and notifications.
Organize your projects on the cloud
A flexible, team-based and collaborative approach dynamically builds up the project network from team activities. Team members rapidly define, refine and complete their tasks and deliverables through continuous planning and execution. Project Planner delivers an innovative engine that automatically schedules and optimizes project activities to meet key milestones and delivery dates, providing real time updates and notifications to team members.
The Project Planner allows 3DEXPERIENCE users to:
- Accelerate time from idea to delivery
- Improve team productivity
- Securely collaborate with team members through ad-hoc access rights
- Connect attachments and deliverables to tasks for review by team members
- Define project scope, min-max task durations, dependencies and milestones
- Automatically schedule and optimize planning activities and resources to meet key milestones
- Keep up with the progress and work to be done from anywhere with real time notifications
- Access anywhere, anytime through a cloud, in-app and mobile experience
Project Planner Capabilities
Flexible design workflows and real-time collaboration
To reduce the complexity of today’s product development projects, users can decompose activities into smaller manageable projects and optimize teamwork. The scheduler engine automatically optimizes the schedule to meet project constraints and resource availability. Project Planner delivers all schedule changes to all project members in real-time.
Schedule view provides an easy way to review and edit the project schedule in a graphical view. Tasks and milestones display as bar charts on a timeline. The user can drag & drop tasks and milestones along the timeline, create dependencies between them, and modify information using touch-based gestures or a traditional mouse.
Access Rights Management
The project plan owner invites team members to participate in the project through various levels of access rights (Viewer, Author or Leader). Project Planner maintains access rights to task deliverables and attachments by using the security definition of the platform (People & Organization security definition consisting of Collaborative Space, Role, and Organization).
By associating project deliverables to a project or a task, all project members can readily track their status. Project leaders receive notifications when tasks or milestones are late. The system highlights late and critical / compressed tasks in the Task View with colored pictograms. Project members can also collaborate on tasks using embedded 3DComments and other collaboration services.
Project Content Management
Attachments (inputs for task execution) and deliverables (outputs of completed tasks) can be associated to the project itself and to individual project tasks. Task assignee can connect attachments and deliverables from 3DDrive, 3DSpace and 3DSwym, and the latest iteration is always available for review by team members – provided they have the appropriate security access rights.
Project planners benefit from an innovative planning engine that optimizes single and connected projects to take into account time and resource constraints The planning engine can automatically compress tasks according to user-defined tolerances in order to meet key milestones.
Project Planner Features
Project Planner is fully on the cloud—all you need to start designing is an internet connection.
Project Planner provides team-based collaboration for all users through simple and assisted planning capabilities, including these key features:
- Project Tasks - Create tasks and milestones with estimated duration.
- Configure project tasks with fixed or flexible dates
- Schedule Management - Manage schedules better with built-in optimizer engine
- Summary View - Show tasks that are on time or late, incomplete tasks and milestones achieved
Communicate without emails and phone calls. Team members and stakeholders can check the real-time status of projects anytime with Project Planner. Features include:
- Communicate through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management
- View, share, annotate, discuss and manage content from anywhere, at any time and on any device
- View, track, and manage one or several projects easily through your own or a shared dashboard
- Automatically send notifications through preferred methods of communication when tasks are assigned or completed
Project Planner keeps everyone in the know so they can roll out projects quickly and efficiently. Benefits include the ability to:
- Bring planning and execution processes directly into your interface, including SOLIDWORKS® or other 3DEXPERIENCE Works solutions
- Keep team members and stakeholders up to date and on schedule, while eliminating the need to manually integrate disconnected tools
- Optimize planning and meet key milestones more effortlessly with an innovative planning engine that optimizes schedules
- Improve collaboration with ability to organize, view and track individual or shared tasks
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
3DEXPERIENCE Works provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.