SOLIDWORKS CAM Essentials Overview
This course teaches how to use the SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard and CAMWorks software to generate, modify and post process 2.5 axis milling toolpaths used for machining SOLIDWORKS part files.
This training course will help you to:
- Apply Automatic or Interactive Feature Recognition
- Specify limits of milling operations reducing machine idle time
- Apply Advanced Features and Operations such as Engrave, Curve, Multi-stepped Hole, Corner Round and Chamfer Machining, Tap and Thread Mill Hole Operations, and Multi Surface.
- Customize the SOLIDWORKS CAM Technology Database.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Essentials Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: SOLIDWORKS CAM Basics and User Interface
- What is SOLIDWORKS CAM?
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Add-in
- SOLIDWORKS CAM User Interface
- Process Overview
- Case Study: Generate Toolpaths and NC Code
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Feature Tree
- Operation Plans
- Exercise 1: Generate Toolpaths and NC Code
Lesson 2: Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) and Operation Modification
- Working with Features, Operations and Toolpaths
- Automatic Feature Recognition
- Feature Strategy
- Case Study: Working with Features, Operations and Toolpaths
- Modifying Operations
- Modifying Parameters
- Design Changes
- Exercise 2: Generate and Modify Toolpaths
Lesson 3: Interactive Feature Recognition (IFR)
- Interactive Feature Creation
- Case Study: AFR and IFR Feature Creation
- 2.5 Axis Features
- Part Perimeter Feature
- Mill Part Setup
- Case Study: IFR 2.5 Axis Feature and Operation Creation
- Work Coordinate Offsets
- Selection Filters
- Case Study: IFR 2.5 Axis Feature Selection Filters
- Exercise 3: Interactive Feature Creation
Lesson 4: Interactive Operations
- Interactive 2.5 Axis Mill Operations
- Case Study: Interactive Operation Creation
- Case Study: Create Operations
- Save Operation Plan
- Case Study: Save Operation Plan
- Exercise 4: Interactive Operations
Lesson 5: Merging Features and Operations
- Machining Similar Features
- Create Group
- Combine Operations
- Case Study: Combine Operations
- Link Operations
- Case Study: Combine Selected Operations
- Exercise 5: Combine and Link Operations
Lesson 6: Avoid and Contain Areas
- Adding Avoid and Contain Areas
- Case Study: Add Avoid Area
- Exercise 6: Avoid Areas
Lesson 7: Pattern Features and Mirror Toolpaths
- Case Study: Create Linear, Circular and Sketch Driven Patterns
- Mirror Toolpaths
- Case Study: Mirror Toolpaths
- Exercise 7: Pattern and Mirror Toolpaths
Lesson 8: Advanced Features and Operations
- Advanced Feature Creation
- Engrave Feature
- Case Study: Engrave Feature Creation
- Curve Feature
- Case Study: Curve Feature Creation
- Multi-stepped Hole
- Case Study: Multi-stepped Hole Machining
- Tap and Thread Mill Hole Operations
- Case Study: Tap and Thread Mill
- Corner Round and Chamfer Machining
- Case Study: Corner Round and Chamfer Machining
- Multi Surface Feature
- Case Study: Multi Surface Feature Creation
- Exercise 8: Advances Features and Operations
- Exercise 9: Multi Surface Machining
Lesson 9: Customizing the Technology Database
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Technology Database (TechDB)
- User Defined Tool
- Case Study: User Defined Tool Creation
- Mill Machine
- Case Study: TechDB Add Machine
- Mill Tool
- Case Study: TechDB Add Tool
- Tool Crib
- Case Study: TechDB Create and Apply Strategy
- Exercise 10: User Defined Tools
- Exercise 11: Add Tool to Tool Crib
- Exercise 12: Customize Technology Database
Appendix A: Considerations for Waterjet, Plasma and Laser Machining
- Waterjet, Plasma and Laser Machining
- Case Study: Plasma Workflow
Appendix B: Tolerance Based Machining
- Tolerance Based Machining Overview
- Case Study: Tolerance Based Machining
Choose the training method right for you
Receive training as a group (limited amount per class) from certified instructors using vendor approved training content and methodologies.
Training is delivered either live online or in a traditional classroom environment.
- Cost effective training method.
- More effective than video based training, with videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
Training is available live online, in-person classroom or onsite at your location.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Upcoming Training Courses
Choose a scheduled SOLIDWORKS CAM Essentials course
Are you using SOLIDWORKS to its full potential?
Enhance your skills and capabilities with a SOLIDWORKS Training Assessment from TriMech.