What is SWOOD SOLIDWORKS Woodworking?
SWOOD is a suite of woodworking design and manufacturing tools for SOLIDWORKS. Easily complete your woodworking projects with features dedicated to wood and panel processing, SWOOD makes it easier and faster to make production ready designs.
Woodworking software inside SOLIDWORKS
SWOOD meets all of your woodworking project needs with tools for 3D design, production documentation, CNC machining, Nesting, Automation, and Timber Construction.
SWOOD works right inside of SOLIDWORKS making it easy to use and very intuitive. SOLIDWORKS and SWOOD provides woodworkers with a dynamic and interactive environment with collaborative working and 3D parametric modeling for all the wood cabinetry, product, and construction needs.
Get to know SWOOD SOLIDWORKS Woodworking
SWOOD SOLIDWORKS Woodworking Capabilities
The SWOOD add-in for SOLIDWORKS provides woodworking CAD, CAM, and Automation tools to complete your projects faster.
SWOOD Design allows you to quickly and easily create cabinetry and wooden products within the SOLIDWORKS 3D environment utilizing the core parametric capabilities. A complete drag and drop hardware library is included plus connectors, materials, cut lists, BOMs, and customized reporting.
SWOOD CAM provides the machining and manufacturing tools for all your wood projects. SWOOD CAM manages CNC machines and their specific technology. You can create your programs and production documents directly from within SOLIDWORKS.
SWOOD Nesting is an add-on module for SWOOD CAM. It allows you to accurately nest your project parts onto wood panels for manufacture. Thanks to the nesting technology your wood panels will be optimized and material waste is reduced.
SWOOD Center Service is a configurator that enables production automation on a large scale and can be linked to one of your company databases (ERP or MES).
SWOOD BW (Beam & Wall) is software dedicated to timber and frame construction. Thanks to the 3D parametric design capabilities, SWOOD BW allows you to design your frame and produce the required build documentation.
SWOOD SOLIDWORKS Woodworking Features
Make all of your wooden products faster and easier with tailored software
Woodworking Process Specific Tools
With process specific tools it's never been easier to complete your woodworking projects with parametric models and production drawings. SWOOD includes:
- Panel management: laminate, grain direction, material production info.
- Edge-banding: Design feature of well-formed edge-bands on panels edges.
- Connectors: Insertion of parametric fittings between panels.
- Library: Drag and drop insertion of objects and associated machining in cubic context, includes drawers, doors, shelves and partitions.
- Production data extraction: Cut list, hardware list, panel list, costing etc.
SWOOD provides CAM and Nesting capabilities for all your wood production needs:
- CNC Machine Control for 3 to 5 axis continuous.
- CNC Program Generation: Interfaces (woodWOP, BSolid, Maestro, Xilog, ImaWOP, BiesseWorks, TPA, NC-Hops...).
- Post-Processor Control (Homag, Biesse, SCM, IMA, Holzer, Felder, Masterwood, Maka...)
- Dedicated Woodworking Tools Library: Drilling block, aggregates, horizontal spindle, edgebanding aggregates.
- Trajectories Simulation with Material Removal.
- Automatic and Detailed Production Data: Cut lists, Program lists, Tools lists, and Labels.
- Automatic Nesting, material optimization and reporting.
SWOOD SOLIDWORKS Woodworking Benefits
Easy to use software which will adapt to your business process
Control & Collaboration
The current SWOOD version is always backward-compatible with the previous two versions of SOLIDWORKS allowing you to work with others easily.
Plus SWOOD incudes SOLIDWORKS PDM integration allowing you to integrate SWOOD into your current process and ensure revision and change management for your project.
Assembly & User Manual
Create user manuals and assembly instructions for your wood products with SWOOD documentation tools.
Ensure that your products are not only manufactured correctly but also assembled and used correctly by end-users and customers with the reports and documentation generated by SWOOD.
Smart control of the whole production chain with task automation providing improvement of the products’ design process